By attending a Netzer event, both parents and channichim agree to comply with the following rules, as set out and followed by all chaverim of Netzer South Africa. These rules exist to ensure the safety and security of each chanich/a and madrich/a.
- No chanich/a may leave the campsite or group without specific permission from the Hanhallah.
- The use of alcohol and/or drugs of any sort are prohibited at all times, including en route.
- Theft and/or damage of any camp property, or that of any other person on or off site, is prohibited. The cost of such damage will be entirely the responsibility of the chanich/a and/or parents/guardian.
- Intimidation and bullying of fellow participants is prohibited.
- Continual disruptive and destructive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Weapons of any kind (including pocket knives) and “raiding” equipment is prohibited.
- Channichim under the age of 18 may not smoke
- Channichim over the age of 18 require a letter of consent from a parent/guardian stipulating that they are aware that the chanich/a smokes. Netzer South Africa strongly discourages smoking.
- Cellular phones will be confiscated for the duration of Machaneh from channichim.
- No food is to be brought on site. Food en route must be finished before reaching the campsite. Food found to be in possession of a chanich/a will be confiscated. This is to avoid food becoming an issue for bullying, competitiveness and theft situations as well as to adhere to our Kashrut regulations.
- Attendance at all meals and activities/programmes is compulsory.
Items 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 can be viewed as criminal activities and Netzer South Africa will not protect perpetrators from the law.
Items 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and 6 are offences for which the chanich/a will be sent home immediately. The travel costs for this early departure will be covered by the camper or his/her parent(s)/guardian(s).
We strongly discourage bringing any valuables to events.
Netzer South Africa does not take responsibility for the loss and/or damage of any property brought on site and/or confiscated.
The Hanhallah has the right to take appropriate disciplinary action at their discretion including:
– Sending a chanich/a home at the cost of the family concerned.
– Permanently banning a chanich/a from the movement
Netzer South Africa reserves the right not to refund any monies received.
Check back again soon to sign up for camp